Thread: With Fall approaching quickly....

Default With Fall approaching quickly....

Here's a little preventive maintenance for your furnances. Be sure to check or replace your filters. Also keep the motor running longer, by adding a few drops of oil. Most motors have a little hole, or some have a cap, where you can add a couple of drops of oil. There's several different brands on the market you can use. I use and recommend zoom spout brand. It's under $2 and has a telescopic spout that reaches into those hard to reach spots.
    zOOk's Contracting " Our reputation IS building "

I didn't think any of the motors could be oiled anymore. I thought they all had sealed bearings

True, most of the newer models are a sealed unit. If you have had one of the newer units installed, you probaly already know this. If the installer failed to tell you, it's in the manual for the furnance if your not sure. But, I've worked on alot of homes in the valley, and the majority of the homes still have their original units installed.
    zOOk's Contracting " Our reputation IS building "

if you have oil heating, you may also check the injector and inline filters once a year or so, can make a big difference on running or not on a cold day